This is our most recent addition to the Treasure Select series – to allow high end amp owners to have a quality substitute of generic Chinese 6N9P or Russian 6SL7, which are widely used in many preamps and power amps, to experience the legendary Treasure sound from Shuguang tube factory, and Grant Fidelity ‘screen, select and supply’ quality control for your ease of mind.
True “Treasure” as a result of Shuguang’s 50-years’ of expertise in vacuum tube design and production.
High Polymer Compound Carbon (HPCC) coating is for the first time used on vacuum tube production. Compared to traditional carbon spray technology, HPCC coating will allow greater concentration of electrons, enhance and maintain stability of the electron flow, maximize “secondary electron emission suppression” from the glass enclosure, in turn reduce effects of electron swirl which generates internal noises from the vacuum tube itself.
‘Super Alloy’ technology is for the first time used in constructing vacuum tube. ‘Super Alloy’ technology was invented and first used in aviation, aerospace, military and other high-tech area. After 3 years of testing under extreme conditions, Shuguang has successfully adopt such technology in vacuum tube constructing to achieve directional solidification and single crystallization, greatly improving the ability of electron emission and electron current stability.
- Improved vacuuming technology during production process to clear signal background
- Key assembling process is manually completed by a small number of senior technicians with 30+ years of experience.
- 60 extra parts selection and matching processes are adopted to ensure premium quality tubes, compared to the Shuguang generic clear glass tubes.
- Premium Grade matched right out of factory then further selected by Grant Fidelity criteria to screen for internal matching and low noise
- Interchangable with 6N9P family of tubes
- Suggested burn-in time 150-300 hours. Most changes happen in the first 150 hours.
Note: 6SL7 has the same glass enclosure measurement as CV181-Z (6SN7).
- It is taller and fatter than most other 6SL7. The widest part is 2″ diameter, and it is 4″ tall from base (not including the pins) up. Please check your amp to see if the tube will fit before you purchase.